- The personal data we collect;
- How we use that personal data;
- Disclosures of your personal data to third parties; and
- The legal basis on which we rely on to process your personal data
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect or solicit data relating to children.
Important information and who we are
Who we are
Next Import UK LTD is the “data controller” of your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “International Furniture”). In simple terms, this means that we: (i) “control” your personal data, including making sure that it is kept secure; and (ii) make certain decisions on how to use and protect your personal data, but only to the extent that we have informed you about the use or are otherwise permitted by law.
How to contact us or make complaints
Our full contact details are:
Black Swan Yard
FAO: Kevin Farrer
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We always appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The personal data we collect about you
The types of personal data that we collect, use and store about you will depend on the product or service you have with us. We collect the following personal data:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your online browsing activities on our website;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us (whether online or offline), your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Next Import Limited; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).when you visit our store, which has a CCTV system operated for the security of both customers and our staff. These systems may record your image during your visit.
The International Furniture website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under the age of 16.
We do not collect any special category of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we obtain your personal data
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you directly when you provide it to us in correspondence and conversations (including via email and telephone) and through forms and contracts, we may enter with you.
Information we get from other sources
We collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
In connection with an employment enquiry, we also collect data regarding your work authorisation status, education history, employment history and professional designations, and other information about your qualifications from third parties.
We may combine personal data that you provide to us with information that we collect from, or about you, in some circumstances. This will include information collected in an online or offline context
How we use your personal data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have the lawful basis to do so.
We use your personal data for the following purposes, and pursuant to the corresponding legal basis
Purpose legal basis
[No automated decision-making, including profiling, is carried out when processing your personal data.]
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
- You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have expressly consented to receiving that marketing.
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Dreams group of companies for marketing purposes.
- You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product or service purchase, warranty registration, product or service experience or other transactions (which we will continue to process in order to perform a contract with you or as a result of our regulatory or legal obligations)
Who we share your personal data with
- We make sure any third party that provides a service to or for us, which involves the processing of your personal data:
- enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security;
does not use your personal data for any purpose other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that such party is providing;
- does not share your personal data with any organisation without our consent (apart from us); and
holds your personal data securely and retains it only for such period of time as we instruct.
How we keep your personal data secure
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we retain your personal data for
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- For further information on how long we retain your personal data for, please contact email@example.com
Your legal rights
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you, and there are a number of ways you can control the way in which and what information we store and process about you.
We have explained these individual rights and controls below. To exercise these rights and controls, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data that International Furniture holds about you free of charge however, we may charge a ‘reasonable fee’ if we think that your request is excessive, to help us cover the costs of locating the information you have requested.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible and (save for in certain circumstances) within one month. Correction: If there are any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you, please contact us and we will correct them.
Deletion: If you think that we shouldn’t be holding or processing your personal data anymore, you may request that we delete it. Please note that this may not always be possible due to legal obligations.
Restrictions on use
You may request that we stop processing your personal data (other than storing it), if:
- You contest the accuracy of it (unless the accuracy is verified);
- You believe the processing is against the law;
- You believe that we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, but you still need your data to establish or defend a legal claim; or
- You object to the processing and we are verifying whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal data, override your own rights.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where:
- we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request the transfer:
If you wish to transfer your personal data to another organisation (and certain conditions are satisfied), you may ask us to do so, and we will send it directly if we have the technical means. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdrawal of consent:
If you previously gave us your consent to allow us to process your personal data for a particular purpose, but you no longer wish to consent to us doing so, you can contact us to let us know that you withdraw that consent. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (‘anonymous data’).“Legitimate interest ”means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
“Performance of a contract”
means processing your personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.“Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation ”means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.